Friday, November 11, 2011

CAS143

Splitcoaststampers' Clean and Simple challenge 143 is a sketch based on a card of another stamper you can find it by clicking on the challenge...here is my card:
                                                                 
I made my card with a set from W Plus 9 Design Studio(Woodgrain Silhouettes Addition) and sentiment from Hero Arts(Holiday Sayings).  I stamped the leaves with Versamark and clear embossed.  I then covered the paper with Antique Linen distress ink and then sponged with Frayed Burlap distress ink, mostly over the leaves, leaving it a bit lighter in the middle.  Added the sentiment and red rhinestones.  I put the panel on light chipboard for stability after covering with so much ink...it was slightly warped without the added adhesive and bulk. I know the colors are not traditional Christmas...I know it's "different"...but I like "different"...lol!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. A fantastic result - you've made me want to try this now... but perhaps I should cook dinner for my family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a simple idea yet it looks absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow Lisa, I can't believe you coloured that whole panel! Beautiful seamless inking and amazing leaves too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Jenny. I never would have thought that you inked the panel. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa