Thursday, March 29, 2012

Runway Inspired Challenge #8

I finally made a card for Runway Inspired Challenge !  I had tried a number of things(lots of flowers) ...and then, I had this thought as I was falling asleep last night...here's my card and the runway model/dress:

I wanted to make a card with the black/cream of the top of the dress and model...so I chose a cream colored card, stamped with versamark and clear embossed the tree, trunk, ground(cut a piece of paper and masked over card) and sentiment (Paper Smooches), then took my soot distress ink and covered the card with black...the clear cream images showed through!  I then stamped with versamark in the different colors of the dress, the circles that accompany the tree(Papertrey Ink Father Knows Best).  I clear embossed, cut out, and randomly attached to tree.  Thought this challenge might get by me, didn't want to wait until tomorrow, but...had to tutor, get my hair cut and take my son to the dentist today, but still managed to eek in a card:)!!  Ain't life fun???!!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea Lisa, you're like me...I get ideas at the most inconveinient times when I can't crack on and make them!
    Love the concentric circles on the spots of colour :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The modern feel of the tree is a perfect reflection of the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just recently started to follow your blog and wanted to tell you that I love your cards! Especially this on - I would have never thought of covering so much of the card with black ink! And I totally love those colorful circles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love those swirly circles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those swirly circles for the tree!!! very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so cool! Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa