Friday, June 23, 2017

Concord & 9th...You're so Sweet!!

 As a guest designer, this month, I am thrilled to be showcasing another of the new release stamp/die sets from Concord & 9th today!
The stamp/die set is called Orange You Sweet, and it is jam-packed with cute and super sweet fruit and sentiment stamps...the possibilities are endless!!  You can look at the how-to sheets on the Concord & 9th website to get some great inspiration for some fun ways to use these stamps.  I used the watermelon at the middle of the how-to page for my first card...using the largest circle stamps and the seeds. You could use the circle dies, but I cut the watermelons with scissors,  as I liked the uneven shape that was achieved with handcutting the images.  I then cut them a into a 1/2 and a 1/4, and used a couple really small circle punches to take a bite out of the 1/2 piece.  I layered the fruit, but before adhering, stamped the sentiment, using the same color as the melons to stamp the bold "sweet" into the outline (I also used my MISTI for perfect positioning:)!).  
I DID use glossy accents to give the seed a bit of shiny...hey...seeds are shiny!!  Here's a close up...
 The second card, I used the fruit die and another of the cute sentiments ...
 I LOVE LOVE LOVE this sentiment...it is what I say to my son, Noah, almost every day...I look at him and just love him so much..I always say, "I could just SQUEEZE you!!"  I added this "sweet" sentiment with the fruit die cut, with colors of orange, lime and lemon...well...TOO CUTE!!!  I layered the white outlines and layered them on a  textured cardstock die cut of each color.  Here's a close up...
I am having SO MUCH FUN...if you haven't already, hope you get to check out this new release over at Concord & 9th!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. What "sweet" cards! Love your watermelon slices & the citrus is yummy too. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to order this stamp and die set. Yup...ordered and on the way. I also purchased everything to make the card in your prior post "Hope". It makes sense that you should get a kickback from the products ordered because of your posts. Following you has become an addictive obsession. Thanks much for the inspiration even though my finances have suffered ;)

    Keep 'em coming :)
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are so cute. I like the fussy cut watermelon pieces. I was wondering about the stripe on the second card. Did you hand score, use patterned paper, or use an embossing folder? Also, how did you stamp the sentiment so smoothly over the pattern? I love your work. You are a check every day blog for me. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your cards. Your cards are always simple but they are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I had to order the set after seeing your card. You always create such beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa